[Reader-list] Free software (and other freedoms) event in Feb. 2008

gora at sarai.net gora at sarai.net
Mon Dec 17 17:35:46 IST 2007

Hello,
  The Indian Linux Users Group, Delhi (ILUG-D) holds a free
software event every year. We underwent a major rethinking
on the target, and purpose of the event last September, as
a result of which it has changed dramatically from an
inward-looking event to one that is much more inclusive.

  While planning for this year's events, we were struck by
the importance of the free flow of information in an open
society, and thus thought to reach beyond our comfortable
world of software to make common cause with people working
in other areas, but sharing similar ideals and goals. Please
take a look at the conceptualisation document for Freed.in
2008, scheduled to be held at the School of Information
Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi during
Feb. 22-25, 2008:
<http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed2008/ConceptDoc>

  We welcome your comments. As this is a Wiki page, it can
be edited by anyone once you have signed up for a free account,
and logged in (please use the Edit tab at the top-right).

Regards,
Gora