[Reader-list] Music for Harmony.. come join us!!!

Manmeet Kaur manmeet85 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:09:46 IST 2007

Greetings from Pravah!

Pravah was set up post the demolition of the Babri Masjid by a group of
young professionals from different fields. Pravah has been working with
adolescents and youth since 1993 to build leadership for social change
through innovative citizenship education and youth development. Our
interventions are based on our core values of peace and non violence,
secularism, equality, justice and respect for common spaces.

Since 2002, Pravah's young volunteers have been organizing *"Encore: Music
for Harmony"*, a day long event that celebrates and promotes the message of
peace and harmony. It's a day where we invite people from different realms
of the arts to come together to celebrate peace. There will be music,
theatre, dance, some exhibits prepared by our volunteers, a space for
expressing your feelings and a lot more.

*As always, this youth led event promises to be filled with fun and
inspiration. We would like to invite you and your family to join us in
spreading the message of peace.  We would love for you to come and help us
make the event a success.*

*Peace is not the mere absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
disposition for benevolence, confidence and justice...*

*"Encore:  Music for Harmony"*

*Date- Sunday, 23**rd** December*

*Venue - Dastakar Mela, Dilli Haat*

*Time - 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm*

We look forward to seeing you there…

Thank you

With warmest regards

Manmeet Kaur

Pravah

A small note from our volunteers who have put this event together:

*A thought from one of us, "Peace for me is a state of internal and external
harmony; establishing a harmonious relationship with not just people around
us but also our surroundings (both natural and constructed) as well as with
our own inner selves. It's hard to sum it up in words..."*

We also feel that 'Music' can speak the language of the world. The same set
of notes arranged differently and sung in different languages by different
voices produces a beautiful harmony, striking a deep chord in our hearts,
that also cuts across numerous dividing lines, be they of class, caste,
gender, race or age.

Thus *'Encore- Music for Harmony',* a day long musical event to bring
together diverse genres of music: popular, western, folk and instrumental
along with a variety of other engaging performing arts like theatre,
exhibition and games to reflect the idea of 'unity in diversity' and
celebrate and spread the message of peace and harmony.

This event provides us with the opportunity to interact, exchange ideas with
different people and learn from each other. 'Music for Harmony' is a
platform for us to talk about issues that we are passionate about through a
range of creative media and an effort to break through the barriers of space
and theme. Hence, helping us to enhance our skills of organizing, leading
and facilitating, along with uniting us as a team as we rejoice and
celebrate peace!

So come join us and let us celebrate together!

Schedule for the day

*Encore: Music for Harmony*

*12:00-12:15    *Introduction to Music for Harmony – Lets talk about Peace!

*12:20-12:35    *Hameedji (Rajasthani classical and Hindustani classical)**

*12:40-12:55    *Sanskriti School Duo –Pushaan and Shubh**

* *

*1:05-1:20        *Ishita – Youth Parliament**

*1:25-1:45        *Bhramastra (KRM school)**

*1:50-2:00        *Goonj**

*2:10-2:20        *Chimbey (Tibetan classical)**

*2:20-2:30        *Michael – (Tibetan traditional)**

*2:35-2:45        *Punnu and Mukesh (Garhwali songs)     **

*2:50-3:20        *Footloose**

*3:30-3:50        *North Bengal tribal music - Bhawaia (Rajbanshee language)
* *

*3:50-4:00        *Koyal**

*4:10-4:25        *Deshbandhu natak* *

*4:30-5:00        *Manzil B* *

*5:10-5:40        *Manchaley – Kutumb Foundation's Band**

*5:50-6:10        *Pravah natak**

*6:20-6:50        *Ekum Satyam**

*7:00-7:30        *Sajid Akbar**

*7:30                 *Closing**