[Reader-list] At Last The Inevitable, Statues Stolen From Airport Tarmac

Aman Sethi aman.am at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 16:02:42 IST 2007

Dear Naeem,
Thank you for consistently posting on the musee guimet issue .. i have
been following all your posts - but never got around to responding as
i didnt quite know what to say ...
am still unsure what to make of it - is truly fascinating -

The fact that one crate has gone suggests some very very interesting
possiblities - particularly that a hypothetical highly placed govt
official gets to sell priceless heritage on the international black
market and get to say "I told you so" at the same time.

I met a bangladeshi journalist recently - i think he worked for a
pro-govt paper and he seemed to be unaware of the issue - is it all
over the papers?

thank you once again
best
a,.