[Reader-list] gujrat election

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Mon Dec 24 19:12:10 IST 2007

Vedavati,

When I think of this event, I feel a great sadness.  Narendra Modi's
victory will be the biggest ideological boon for those who hate us.  He
will be the *cause* of many terrorist events over the next five years.
Yes.

But let us think twice about the word "terrorist".  It is a stupid and
inaccurate word.  What we have here are two world views that hate each
other but are, not coincidentally, symmetrical in their design.  It's
two opposing revenge-fantasies, in fact.  Just think what the logical
end of that could be.

Vivek