[Reader-list] gujrat election

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 18:31:27 IST 2007

Dear Tara Prakash

  Your words were very clear and did not need any interpretation by me. Maybe it was an unfortunate turn of phrase and words by you. In any case, now, you have clarified that you did not mean that all Hindus are evil.

  You have again said some interesting things. For one:

  """""" Not only so-called pseudo secular forces or soft Hindutva forces were campaigning against Modi, but major part of the hard-core Hindutva forces were also against him.""""

  If all the 'forces' named by you were pitted against Modi, then who are the ones that voted  Modi back into government? It cannot be the "hard-core Hindutva forces" because according to you the major part of them were against Modi.

  AND you go on to say:

  """"" I stick to my opinion that the main forces contesting these election both represented evil."""""

  Gujarat had a 65% voter turn-out. That is quite a high percentage for any part of the world. If a substantial part of this 65% vote was secured by those who you call the representatives of evil "main forces" (whether they won or lost), then those participating voters would be "evil" too.

  So, in the "Gujarat according to Tara Prakash" it was 'mainly' the 'evil' contesting and 'mainly' the 'evil' voting.

  Kshmendra Kaul

TaraPrakash <taraprakash at gmail.com> wrote:
          Dear Kshmendra.
  An intriguing interpretation of my message.
  I did not intend to homogenize Hindus, as the message I was responding to, did.
  I don't see Hindu farmers getting anything positive from Modi's policies. Nor other poor Hindus.
  Not only so-called pseudo secular forces or soft Hindutva forces were campaigning against Modi, but major part of the hard-core Hindutva forces were also against him. In this specific "electoral fight" even if Modi had lost there would not be much positive expected.
  I stick to my opinion that the main forces contesting these election both represented evil. It does not mean that I am calling Hindus evil. The evil had to be elected because there were no other alternatives.
  It will be presumptuous on my part to define Hinduism here, but I refuse to restrict it to some opportunist ruffians. I refuse to buy the Hindutva brand sold by the brigade.