[Reader-list] Buff or beef?

Tapas Ray t.ray at vsnl.com
Fri Jan 5 18:35:34 IST 2007

You are forgetting field rats. I have seen their meat hung out to dry from
clotheslines in certain villages. As for human blood, before trying it,
remember what Idi Amin is supposed to have said about human flesh - that he
doesn't eat it, because it's too salty. Better still, ask oldtimers in a
certain part of our country where, I believe, ritual cannibalism was
practised in the past.

I suppose most people eat to live, not live to eat ... hence consumption (in
the narrow, literal sense of eating) is for life, not the other way round.
If there is a way to live without eating any living thing, whether plant or
animal, I am sure many of us will gladly do so. Meanwhile, let us carry on
joking or, even better, killing one another, over what we eat or do not eat.

From: "S.Shashidhar" <iwasthere2000 at yahoo.com>