[Reader-list] [Announcements] workshop on RTI

Safar Delhi safar.delhi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 15:56:36 IST 2007

Dear Friend

We all know that for the past couple of years we have a tool namely "Right
To Information Act" through which now people are unearthing  various scams
and state conspiracies against its own mass. At the same time we are also
feeling that still the act is not being used enough. Why? Because general
public (even the middle class) has no idea about its know how. Since safar
works in a few middle and working class localities in Delhi on various
issues and witness the apathy of govt machinery towards the poor. We have a
feeling that a little sensitization of the people can change their lives
tremendously. and Right To Information is a good issue to start with. That
is why we are going to organise a workshop on the 'Right To Information Act'
in a north Delhi residential colony.

One can also ask why in a residential colony? Very simple, Do you ever see
any thing being organised in colonies except JAGRANS and DIWALI MELAS?
Answer will be again very simple, no. So don't you feel the need of people's
awareness on different issue in a city like delhi, which consumes our time
first and then to our human values ... Safar beliefs that people in the
residential colonies, especially the women can play a very significant role
in sensitizing the community. If you are want top discuss the question in
detail, please write to us. Meanwhile, let me invite you on the above
mentioned workshop, details of which are as follows:

Workshop on Right To Information Act

Time: 11AM,
Saturday, 13 January 2007
Venue: Manoranjan Kaksha
Delhi Administration Flats
Timparpur, Delhi 110054

Hope your participation will help us to understand the issue in a better
way. In case you find any difficulty
please call @ +91 9811 972 872. The nearest Metro Station is Vishwvidyalaya
(Delhi University)

Since 13 January is a holiday many of you can manage to attend the same.

Warm Regards

safar team

--
SAFAR a collective journey of researchers, journalists, students, lawyers,
activists, cultural practitioners and performing artists with a deep

http://www.safarindia.zoomshare.com