[Reader-list] Buff or beef?

S.Shashidhar iwasthere2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 15:13:22 IST 2007

Dear Tapas,

There are only few in this world that can create a nuclear bomb, that does nt mean that the science behind a boms is fake or irrelavant. Most of the knowledge of yoga is copied from the nature itself, there are trees which grow without water for ages, and spring back to life. There are animals who hibernate in the winter months and their heart beats only 30 times during the entire period. There are examples of many himalayan squirrels who do so. a winter for a squirrel is like a life time for a human.

The essence of yoga is never suppression, but that of realisation. The goal of yoga is never to live without food or water for days to gether, but it is a by product of the acts undertaken.

My friend if people flew planes in the ancient days, why are we still being pulled in bullock carts. They must have been stories of fantasy...

As far as condeming something, or allowing something, the scriptures have never done it, they have never even suggested anything. They mearly speak of experiences. What you are talking of especially the Aghora thing, had a very different settting in Bengal. There was a cult called as Thuggis, They were something else..

Regards,

Shashi