[Reader-list] Fifth posting: Migrant workers on the I T corridor (venkat t)

venkat sarai venkatsarai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:31:15 IST 2007

hi Rohan

Thanks for the inputs,

you have brought an important question. Why are the locals not employed?
though the obvious answer is that they are better equipped to organise. but
I think we need to unpack that further only because the answer seems too
obvious.

of course as you have pointed out, as long as work is taxing and leisure
less, there is very little opportunity for the work force to come together
and organise

thank you once again and we will keep exchanging out experiences

venkat