[Reader-list] Feluda again...

mihir pandya miyaa_mihir at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 14:26:54 IST 2007

                 Did anyone of you gone throw the detective stories of ‘feluda’ in his or her childhood? If you are a reading creature like me then of course you are. This satyajit ray’s own ‘Sherlock holms’ is the most interesting thing in my childhood reading. In most of the stories feluda goes to some new, peaceful place and suddenly things going wild there. A robbery or a murder and feluda on his job! “sonar qila” is the ultimate suspense thriller for me in my dreamy, not-so-happening childhood in rajasthan.
                   In 9th osian’s cinefan film festival I saw navdeep singh’s new film “MANORAMA 6 FEET UNDER” and my old ‘feluda’ memories again came fresh to me. With an impressive principle cast (abhay deol, vinay pathak, gul panag, raima sen, kulbhushan kharbanda and sarika) ‘manorama’ set in an small town in rajasthan.. lakhot (somewhere in shekhawati) and the main protagonist ‘satyaveer’ has the ‘lalmohan ganguli’ impact on him! suspense novel writer and interested in thrills.
                  This is the main plot:- Satyaveer who works in the public works department is bored with his middle-class existence, his small-town life and its small problems. There seems to be no challenge or adventure to excite the young man. He has dreams of becoming a writer, in fact, he has even written a detective novel called Manorama. But he is disheartened by the fact that it hasn't fared well in the market. And then, one day, an incident occurs that sucks him into a conspiracy. A woman called Manorama, who Satyaveer meets and who asks him to look into her ?husband?s? affairs, dies under mysterious circumstances. Satyaveer wants to solve the mystery, and takes up the task as a challenge. The act gives a new meaning to his life, a chance to live it differently. A homage to the noir genre, Manorama is about an amateur detective in a small town who finds himself caught in a web of lies, deceit and murder.
  The film will be in theaters in one or two months. A good watch I must say. Vinay pathak is 1s again the best in his performance. And u remember maharani’s last laugh long...
  Love u all...
  Enjoy rain...
  Bye…
  ...miHir