[Reader-list] Muslim Youth Activism in Kerala: The Ittehadul Shiban lil Muslimeen

Jumma Deen jummadeen at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jun 9 20:17:50 IST 2007

Hello Sikand,

As far as I know Kerala Nadwath ul-Mujahidin (KNM) is an  Ahl e Hadis
(Wahabi) organization in its sectarian outlook. This means that they are
against Sufi Islam and all other manifestations of syncretic Islam. I wonder why you haven't mentioned that, while describing KNM as
Islamist reformist- considering that in most current discourse on
political Islam, writers make people aware of anything which has any
semblance to Wahabism?

I am curious to understand their political leanings? Is their charity/
relief work different from that of Jamiat ul ulema e Hind or Jama't-e-Islami,Hind, or Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadis (with strong Wahabi leanings)?

It will be great if you can write more on "ISM's sphere of activities"
besides charity and relief work (which seems to have become the
prerogative of right wing organization in this country!)

Looking forward

Jummadeen
Civil Lines
  Allahabad.