[Reader-list] RTI Bank in Bangalore

lalitha kamath elkamath at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 23:17:45 IST 2007

RTI Bank in Bangalore

For the time being print outs collected from Bangalore Mahanagara
palike have been kept for the use by genral public. Any body can walk
in to our Mahithi Hakku Adhyayana Kendra, located at No.54, 17th Cross,
M C Layout, Vijayanagar, Bangalore and inspect the records. They may
even take out xerox copy of the documnts at their own cost. About 200
documents of public importance are on display. Each document contains
the following parts:

A) Application filed under RTI Act

B)  Reply received from the PIO

C)  Complaint filed before the Commission/First Appeal u/s 19(1) of the Act

D) Information received from the PIOs

E) Orders of the Karnataka Information commission.

The documents are paticularly being used by Law Students, Management
Students and other post graduate students for their reference and study
of implementation of RTI Act. A few Advocates are using the documents
for their reference. Public Information Officers are also visiting the
data bank for reference. We even assisted some Public Authorities in
drafting their suo-moto declaration as laid down u/s 4 1)(b) of the Act.

A few first appellate authorities are using the documents for their
reference while disposing off their first appeals. Some of the
journalists are frequently visiting and making use of the data bank for
publishing reports. Documents are being used for Educating citizens,
whoever visits our data bank. Total number of documents held by us is
approximately 400.

About 40 complaints have already been filed before the Karnataka
Lokayukta based on the information secured from the Public Authorities.
The information available with us is not digitised as we are shortage
of space and manpower. We are planning to host a web site in the near
future.

Apart from the above Mahithi Hakku Adhyayana Kendra is assisting
citizens in filing applictions, Complaints before KIC and first appeals
before the Appellate Authorities. Mr. Vikram Simha and myself are
representing complainants/Appellants before the Karnataka Information
Commission during hearing of cases. So far we have presented more than
400 cases before the Karnataka Information Commission since December
2005.<!--
D(["mb","\u003cbr\>\n\n   \u003cbr\>\n\nApart from the above we will be filing atleast Five applications per\nday with various public authorities in Bangalore. Our activities are\nnow confined to a few selected public authorities located in Bangalore\nCity. The following RTI Activists are at present associated with us on\na full time basis:\u003cbr\>\n\n   \u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Amaresh, Trustee, Mahithi Hakku Adhyayana Kendra\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Vikram Simha, Trustee, MHA Kendra\n\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Gopal, President, Bangalore Nagarikara Vedike\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. K Shivaramanna, Editor, Nudigannada.\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. G Vincent, President, Kengeri REsidents Welfare Assocation\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Venkatesh Bhovi, Vice President All India Small &amp; Medium News papers Federation\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Mr. Ravi Reddy,  President, Nagara Nagarikara Kriya Vedike, Bangalore.\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. T Ramu, Secretary, Vijayanagar REsidents Welfare Association\u003cbr\>\n\nMr. Lakshmi Narasimhaiah, Deputy
 Secretary (Rtd.),Govt. of Karnataka.\u003cbr\>\n\n  \u003cbr\>\n\nApat from the above all KRIA KATTE members are sharing the\ninformation/documents collected by them from various public\nauthorities.\n",0]
);
D(["ce"]);

//-->

Apart from the above we will be filing atleast Five applications per
day with various public authorities in Bangalore. Our activities are
now confined to a few selected public authorities located in Bangalore
City. The following RTI Activists are at present associated with us on
a full time basis:

Mr. Amaresh, Trustee, Mahithi Hakku Adhyayana Kendra

Mr. Vikram Simha, Trustee, MHA Kendra

Mr. Gopal, President, Bangalore Nagarikara Vedike

Mr. K Shivaramanna, Editor, Nudigannada.

Mr. G Vincent, President, Kengeri REsidents Welfare Assocation

Mr. Venkatesh Bhovi, Vice President All India Small & Medium News papers Federation

Mr. Mr. Ravi Reddy,  President, Nagara Nagarikara Kriya Vedike, Bangalore.

Mr. T Ramu, Secretary, Vijayanagar REsidents Welfare Association

Mr. Lakshmi Narasimhaiah, Deputy Secretary (Rtd.),Govt. of Karnataka.

Apat from the above all KRIA KATTE members are sharing the
information/documents collected by them from various public
authorities.