[Reader-list] A Britisher in India\Pakistan

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 05:06:03 IST 2007

Hi all,
An Indophile British friend of mine is planning a trip
to  Pakistan and India-she plans to go from Lahore to
Delhi and wants to cross the border by bus\train.
She has been to Delhi before and wrote some blog like
stuff.She is the quintessential backpacker and her
travel plans are not constrained by her finances.
She and I were wondering if she could pitch herself to
some publication as a travelogue writer and thereby
earn some money and make her stay in India longer and
more comfortable.
Here is her two line intro-
'I'm not very good at discussing historical stuff, I
can never remember all the names and dates (I'm no
William Dalrymple...too short for a start. And female)
 But I like talking about people and places."
So I,acting in the capacity of her informal literary
agent,wanted to humbly inquire if someone on this list
could guide on how she should go about doing this.
Finally, I hope list members would excuse me for using
this list for a personal purpose.
Rgds
Rahul