[Reader-list] 1st posting IFS 2007-- Smita Banerjee

smita mitra smitamitr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:48:28 IST 2007

Dear Friends,

I teach English Literature at Delhi college of Arts and Commerce,Delhi
University and am registered for my Phd at SAA ,Film Studies Prog.JNU. I am
interested in exploring the relationship between cinema and the city and the
urban middle class woman through the narratives emerging in Popular Bangla
cinema of the 1950s and 60s. *Cinematic City: Modernity, Middle Class and
the* *Urban Woman:Astudy of 1950s and 60s Popular Bangla Cinema.*