[Reader-list] [Announcements] Co-mix/Comics : Workshop on Comics and Graphic Novels

Amitabh Kumar amitabh at sarai.net
Tue Mar 13 14:10:53 IST 2007

Co-mix/Comics : Workshop on Comics and Graphic Novels
with Sarnath Bannerjee and Parismita Singh
10:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M., Saturday and Sunday, 17 and 18 March 2007

"Are you now, or have you ever been guilty of reading comics when you
should have been doing more important things, such as homework? Have
you ever dreamt of being a comic book artist or a graphic novelist
yourself?" If so, this intensive and hands on introductory workshop  is
for you. You will learn story boarding and characterization, think
about researching comic books, get a crash course in comic book
culture, and get to meet and interact with graphic novelists Sarnath
Bannerjee and Parismita Singh.

The workshop will also feature a screening of Kokaku Kidotai on the
17th afternoon.

Limited places available. To register for participation in this
workshop, send a mail to amitabh at sarai.net

No previous experience required but a passion for comics and comic  book
culture is mandatory! The workshop is free.

(A special request: Since we try and not charge for our workshops and
we reserve seats on a first-asked-first-booked basis, please register
only if you intend on attending both days. This way people who really
wish to attend are not denied space on account of being full up. :)