[Reader-list] Remix Republic

MATTI POHJONEN 125548 at soas.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 20:07:35 IST 2007

Dear Friends,

SACREDMEDIACOW is collaborating with DJ Fadereu in the online launch of his book Remix Republic on the Indian media and more. From the blurb:

"India is predicted by many as a rising star in the global village nightsky, but only one book describes the new zodiac. In the dark theatre of DJ Fadereu’s mind, Google Earth and binary computation copulate with Hindu avatars and Vedic timekeeping, Nietzsche necks with nadabrahma, and Baudrillard blows apart Bollywood.This cybernetic ride flickers uneasily through the vast landscape of Indian and Western techno-philosophy.

Meanwhile, the murder of reality is imminent. The media are converting each street into a studio, masses into extras, and life itself into the new movie. The dynamics of these phenomenon are mediated by a new logic of speed, and a new movement determines the games of territorial power. The present, the past and the future have become exceedingly intertwined in the instantaneous (and yet ancient) society we live in - we are the remixed republic. The state of siege now remains poised at the most dramatic point in our history since the Partition of 1947.

The world’s oldest civilization, the author hopes, will rise to the challenge with befitting ingenuity…."

For the first chapter, please head over to this link http://sacredmediacow.com/?page_id=413 or go to http://algomantra.blogspot.com

Best wishes,

Matti