[Reader-list] DIRECT JOURNALISM @ SMC

MATTI POHJONEN 125548 at soas.ac.uk
Sun Mar 25 20:31:46 IST 2007

Friends,

If interested, we are launching a new experiment in Direct Journalism at SACREDMEDIACOW. Check the description below and/or find more about it at http://sacredmediacow.com/?p=446.

"Don’t trust the Indian news media? Then stop buying the newspapers and 24X7 channels. Hire your own embedded journalist to do the job for you, a private eye.

If you pay for the trip and expenses as a collective donation, I will go out and report directly to you, on this website and your cellphone by SMS. You will also have control (within reason), via sms or comments, on what I should do next.

75% of what you pay will be spent on the job at hand, and the rest are my earnings.

State your choice of place and amount donated below in comments.

Your three choices this week:

1. Nandigram, West Bengal
2. Jantar Mantar, New Delhi
3. Choose a destination