[Reader-list] CounterCurrents Update

Yogi Sikand ysikand at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:17:10 IST 2007

Hello

Kindly forward this newsletter to your friends and encourage them to
join this mailing list. http://www.countercurrents.org/subscribe.htm

In Solidarity
Binu

The Hidden War For Oil
By Carl Bloice

http://www.countercurrents.org/bloice140507.htm

Carl Bloice elucidates the failure or unwillingness of the Western
media to accurately report the invasion and occupation of Somalia by a US
backed Ethiopian government. He asserts that behind the US-Ethiopian
political alliance lies a strategic move to secure positioning in this oil
region

For Palestinians, Memory Matters
By George Bisharat

http://www.countercurrents.org/bisharat140507.htm

My Palestinian father grew up in Jerusalem before Israel was founded
and the Palestinians expelled, when Muslims, Christians and Jews lived in
peace and mutual respect. Recalling that past provides a vision for an
alternative future -- one involving equal rights and tolerance, rather
than the domination of one ethno-religious group over others

Last-Ditch Myths Of The Zionist Left
By Stephen Langfur

http://www.countercurrents.org/langfur140507.htm

Is there then no other footing by which we may justify a Jewish state
in this land? We come back to the persecutions, the Holocaust. The heart
cries out for a place where Jews can live in safety and
self-determination. But there can be no safety in a state established
by conquest and
confiscation. There is certainly no safety for Jews in the present
Jewish state

Deforestation: The Hidden Cause Of Global Warming
By Daniel Howden

http://www.countercurrents.org/howden140507.htm

The accelerating destruction of the rainforests that form a precious
cooling band around the Earth's equator, is now being recognised as one
of the main causes of climate change. Carbon emissions from
deforestation far outstrip damage caused by planes and automobiles and
factories

Dangerous Climate Change: Eco-Fascism
By Bill Henderson

http://www.countercurrents.org/henderson140507.htm

Eco-fascism - is it possible that soon a government will introduce
Draconian regulations in an effort to avert dangerous (runaway or abrupt)
climate change against the wishes of the majority of the population?

Pakistani President Seeks To Drown Mounting Opposition In Blood
By Vilani Peiris

http://www.countercurrents.org/peiris140507.htm

Karachi, a city of 10 million and Pakistan's commercial hub, was
convulsed by gun-battles Saturday, as Pakistan's US-backed military
strongman, President Pervez Musharraf, resorted to deadly violence in a bid
to quash the growing popular challenge to his rule

Removing Musharraf From Power
By Usman Khalid

http://www.countercurrents.org/khalid140507.htm

There is neither cause nor opportunity for the Army to ask Musharraf to
resign until he invokes emergency or imposes martial law. The question
is, how can he be removed from his perch in power? There are three
methods

War-Pimping With A Smile: Of American Exceptionalism, Apple Pie, And
Moral Rot
By Jason Miller

http://www.countercurrents.org/miller140507.htm

Kathleen Parker may project an "apple pie" image, but her ardent
moral and intellectual defense of the wholesale liquidation of human
beings, her dehumanization of Islamic people to fuel the fraudulent "War
on Terror", and her pathological nationalism reveal that she is
morally rotten to the core

The Myth Of Muslim Appeasement
By Mubasshir Ahmed

http://www.countercurrents.org/ahmed140507.htm

Out of the Union government's total expenditure of Rs 680,521 crore,
the total allocation for minorities (it includes Sikhs and Christians
too) is less than Rs 320 crore. The total number of minorities in India is
200 million (Muslims 150m, Sikhs and Christians 50m)

We Salute Our Journalists
By Syed Ali Safvi

http://www.countercurrents.org/safvi140507.htm

We salute our journalistic fraternity for showing the utmost audacity
and commitment in order to sketch a real picture of Kashmir, sometimes
with the colour of their own blood. We salute those indefatigable
journos who braved the tyrannical establishment and highlighted the
atrocities of the forces and in the process laid down their lives for a cause
– the cause so dear to their hearts, the cause of projecting the TRUTH

If You Haven't
Made A Donation Yet
Do It NOW !

http://www.countercurrents.org/donate.htm