[Reader-list] Why i am afraid of Mayawati?

Rakesh rakesh at sarai.net
Thu May 17 15:34:56 IST 2007

Certainly not my opinion, but an opinion from a "middle-class, educated,
metro-bred, Christian-education raised, young" journalist...
Salaam
Rakesh

Mayawati's historic victory has left me speechless. And scared. Her
victory tells me once again how I, and people like me, have no voice in
Indian politics anymore. We, the middle-class, educated, metro-bred,
Christian-education raised, young. We, the backbone of the knowledge,
entreneurial economy. We, who have no representation. We have no voice.
We have no one who speaks our language, our idiom.

We are the people who rejoice every time Manmohan Singh takes stage. He
is us. He is the success of education and middle class values rising to
the top. Only, shudder, he failed to win a poll.

We, the non-vote bank. We, who must remember that Manmohan Singh rises
because of Sonia Gandhi. Because of loyalty to the Family. We, who form
no mass base.

For more read
http://www.ibnlive.com/blogs/hindolsengupta/104/40458/why-i-am-afraid-of-mayawati.html

--