[Reader-list] Who is afraid of Mayawati?

prakash ray pkray11 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:33:14 IST 2007

The matter posted by Rakesh is interesting but we should read more in the
post written by the CNN-IBN blogger. It looks to me like the book 'The Great
Indian Middle Class' by Pavan K Verma which *criticizes *the middle class
but is very sure of the triumph of this mentality and sensiblity.

The victory of Mayawati and the BSP must be an eye-opener for political
pundits and it is high time to look into the politics initiated by Late
Kanshiram. It will enrich our understanding about the polity and the society
of the nation.

This result must be an eye-opener for those who chant *LOCAL*-*LOCAL *all
the time. One likes it or not, the results endorses the need to emphasize on
the *grand*-*narrative*/s.

Though I think we must be afraid of Mayawati as we fear many other
politicians and political colours, the time calls for a post-mortem of all
the studies begining with *POST.*

--
Prakash K Ray
cinemela.blogspot.com