[Reader-list] Regarding India Map #2

yasir ~ yasir.media at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:20:02 IST 2007

dear dhatri / martin / all

any guesses as to why this one is not on the map (apart from many others)
http://www.hinglajmata.com/index2.htm

the map in question seems to be this one
http://sacredsites.com/asia/india/india.html

it seems to be based on the current line of control LOC (see map)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_control

read more
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060212/asp/frontpage/story_5836362.asp

pictures of the trip
http://www.pawspakistan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=256
http://offroadpakistan.com/pictures/hingol_2005/index.html?page=all

as for the the country pakistan (where this is...), it seems to be
missing from both (sacred sites) categories asia and middle east -
something that commonly happens in borderlands, frontier lands or as
the article says nowherelands. iran gets its share, india its, ....
its an old story...

an older colleague was born in karachi, india in the 1930s. his
passport from a north american country said so, which was endless
problem for him as you can imagine a frequent traveller having to
argue with the kids at immigration counters about whether karachi was
india or pakistan. thats a version of manto's toba tek singh all over
again ...

its here
http://www.findpk.com/SV/Toba_Tek_Singh.htm

http://www.ttsinghpolice.gov.pk/Page.aspx?id=7