[Reader-list] Is Subsidy Islamic or UnIslamic ?

we wi dhatr1i at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 18:19:38 IST 2007

Dear Inder,

  >>>People donate money to Gods, so that their sins are forgiven, or
>>>the gods are pleased to give them more money.

  1) First of all what is SIN?
  2) Why do people commit SINS in society?
  3) Why do they approach god and bribe him(for all sins)?

  4) Is god is a corrupted system(either in democracy or in communism)?
  5) Is god is a bunch of people(Parallel Government you call whatever) which allow ransacking and then grant excuse as per its will and wish?

  YOU are CONFUSED CLEARLY. The Interpretation was wrong. God never either said/quoted like that.   Its unfortunate that atheists gossip about the richness,clarity of thoughts and god and others are entertained and allowed such immense acts .

  ---Coming to the accusations, let me construct a foolproof argument with practical examples

  CASE 1:

  There are 9 types of bhakti(nav vidh bhakti).
  śravaṇaḿ kīrtanaḿ viṣṇoḥ smaraṇaḿ pāda-sevanam
  arcanaḿ vandanaḿ dāsyaḿ sakhyam ātma-nivedanam
  These nine are
  1) hearing,
  2) chanting,
  3) remembering Kṛṣṇa,
  4) offering service to Kṛṣṇa's lotus feet,
  5) offering worship in the temple,
  6) offering prayers,
  7) working as a servant,
  8) making friendship with Kṛṣṇa and
  9) unreservedly surrendering to Kṛṣṇa.

  Under these various types of bhakti there are so many devotees lived / composed / offered themselves to GOD. (Tulasidas,Tukaram,Meera,Ramdas,Thyagaiah,Tanisha,Akbar...) All recent forget age old history.

  For detailed meaning of the above 9 types, go through

  http://vedabase.net/sb/7/5/23/en.

  CASE 2:

  The prayer should be selfless,desireless
  http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/karmayoga.htm

  CASE 3:

  "Patram Pushpam Phalam Toyam Yo Me Bhaktya Prayacchati;
Tadaham Bhaktyupahritamasanami Prayatatmanah"

  Whoever offers a leaf, a flower, a fruit or even water with devotion, that I accept, offered as it is with a loving heart".

  It is not necessary that one should offer gold, silver and costly dress to the Lord. The devotee offers these according to his ability and position in life, thereby denoting that the whole wealth of the world belongs to the Lord. A rich man offers costly things to the Lord. .
  The mental Bhava (attitude) of the devotee offering Bhog to the Lord has very great effect. If an ardent devotee of the Lord offers anything to the Lord, that Prasada, if taken, would bring very great change even in the minds of atheists.

  Not only that somany people will start surviving around with that donation, forget rest of all.

  First of all find yourself and then god and then India and then putforth comments on Hinduism and its practices, WHICH ARE VERY VERY DIFFICULT TO PRACTICALLY EXECUTE IN THE EVOLVING TIME.

  Comments are welcome either circastic/argumentative/logical from anybody.

  Regards,
  Dhatri.

inder salim <indersalim at gmail.com> wrote:
  dear Pwan,
Not to increase the fare "in keeping with the commitment of the United
Progressive Alliance government to protect and promote the welfare of
the Muslim community."
We both can piss on Priyaranjan Dasmushi's statment when the proposal
was made to increase the Haj Air fare.: Congress is congress, they
have pusued this kind of policiy in the past.In the name of Muslim
welfare they always do politics and keep the community where they are.
That is sad.

By the way, why (Hindu) nation's BJP govt never thought of subsidy cut.

I agree, this subsidy money could have be used for special shcools
for muslims or hospitals where they are in large numbers. But that is
unlikely.

But let us come to the fundamental question: Why afterall people
donate money to the shrines. Why all the Hindu Musilm Sikh Shrines
manage to get millions ( gold Jewellery currency ) And what is the end
use of the money. In their own super style: a hospital, an university,
some social service, what else. But this money was never meant for
that. People donate money to Gods, so that their sins are forgiven, or
the gods are pleased to give them more money. Yes, also to exhibit
their stauts in society as we recently saw in case of Amitab Bachhan.
Adn the Brahmins were scuessful in conincing him that Ashwariya Roy
needs to get married to a Banana tree, if they yearn for a happy
family.

Have we ever thought that why Dhan Patter is kept in front of a God or
Godess. Are they beggers or what. Gods ae supposed to give us money
and why should we give money to them in the first place. So if we
agree that one should give money to Gods then what is wrong with the
Govt if they give money to the pliigrims. After all they are also
using money in they own super style.

Soem 700 crore were earmarked to buy speical air crafts for Mantris.
Some 1600 crore is given to exporters so that they dont feel crashed
against the fall of dollar. The list is long. Who knows how they
actually spent billions and bilions ( people's money ) for their own
power stuctures. Giving subsidy to Muslim Piligrims is also part of
that policy. They want to ensure that they are in power, how does it
matter that few crores are given this way or that way.

People's welfare is not the agenda of our Govt. The question is not
about Hindu nation or Mulsim appeasement. What we are suffering is
deeper than that.

more on that on deepawali lights
with love
is