[Reader-list] Hajees should avoid Haj Subsidy

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:33:49 IST 2007

http://www.islamicvoice.com/march.2002/readers.htm Hajees should avoid Haj
Subsidy With reference to Maqbool Ahmed Siraj's answer to the query on Haj
Subsidy in the November issue of Islamic Voice, I agree that the government
should take off subsidy from its agenda. If a Haji wants to proceed on Haj,
there are certain conditions, that he has to spend the money he has earned
from legal-halal sources, he should not trouble anybody, borrow money and so
on. But in the case of subsidy, if the government feels the pinch to part
with the subsidy for Hajees, then this is not right. When Hajees can afford
to go on Haj with their hard-earned money, then what is the point in acting
penny wise-pound foolish by trying to save a few thousands?

I do not understand why our Ulema, leaders and scholars are keeping mum on
this issue of subsidy. When they make petty things into a big issue, why
cannot they raise their voice on important matters like this?

*Mohd Fareed Khan
Raichur*