[Reader-list] Nandigram....

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:30:28 IST 2007

Well, the wizards of the words, Hitler was one of them, know how to confuse
the and send the main issues to the backburner. The exchanges in the below
mail and whatever preceded this clarification seems to me as criminal and
unfortunate as is the debate whether Babar ever demolished the Ram temple in
Ayodhya and built the mosque in the temple's place; after the massacre in
Gujarat. Whether there was a notice or not, what its contents were, whether
14 people got killed or 14 thousand, or none at all, is a debate that
mortifies those butchered in Nandi Gram. It hurts the sensibilities of those
who suffered with them, wherever they were.
As a citizen of this democratic country, people would like to know, why the
goons of Capitalist Party of India (Murderers) , were allowed to have a free
for all in Nandi Gram. CPIM has been getting itself elected by people
"democratically", whatever means they use for it is a different matter, why
couldn't they function in a democratic manner? Weren't, those who died, on
whatever side, citizens of this country who had a right to protecttion by
the state? If the state couldn't give them protection, shouldn't the state
government, at least, apologise for failing in their duty?
Rather than isolating the criminals and their bourgeois supporters in the
metropolitan cities, by letting them explain to you that actually there were
13 people and not fourteen whom we killed, and actually the women who were
raped were not virgins, and the notice was printed with inkjet printer and
not hand written, it was signed by x and countersigned by none, and so on
and so forth, aren't we giving them space for sidetracking the actual
violence unleashed on the villagers?