[Reader-list] [Announcements] The Third Comic Book Reading

Vishal Rawlley vishal.rawlley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:31:00 IST 2007

Dear Amitabh and other reader-listers,

This is fantastic! If I were in Delhi I would never miss this talk.

I rececently re-discovered Raj Comics on a train journey. At the Rourkela
train station
(the small town I grew up in - which I was visiting after almost a decade) I
decided to recreate my train journey experience as a child and bought three
comics: Jaljala by Raj comics, a Billu by Diamond comics (with a new logo)
and a revamped Tinkle by IBH. All three are on a revival. They were
prominently displayed at the Wheeler stall. The sales of Raj Comics has been
picking up again after a lull period claims the stall owner.The new look of
Tinkle is actually putting off some old fans, but Diamond comics is just the
same.

Jaljala by Raj Comics was truly fantastic. Nagraj, Dhruv, Doga, Inspector
Steel, Tiranga, Pramanu, Shakti, Bhediya aur uska doosra roop and Chandika,
all combine to fight Mahamanush, Bajil and Doctor Virus form Antartica to
Mumbai. An orgy of super heroes and their super powers: sharirik taakat and
mansik taakat aur adbhut vagyaanik shaktiyon ka prayog. A battle fest in a
unique narrative style that goes on for 120 pages. Awesome stuff!!!

I wish the talk by Raj Comics creators can be documented and put up online.
What's next?? Pran from Diamond Comics??!!

Guys look up www.rajcomics.com and www.diamondcomic.com

Googling Raj Comics also fetched me your murals on the Sarai campus, Amitabh
- cool stuff!

Shaktidar salaam,

Vishal