[Reader-list] [Announcements] free burma, free freedom

Mayur mayur.suresh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:09:57 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: golan naulak <mungo_dxt at yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2007 22:50
Subject: free burma, free freedom
To: mayur at altlawforum.org

Greetings Sir/ Madam,

Over the past few weeks we've been flooded with a lot of disturbing news
from Burma in the wake of the crackdown on the monks' protest by the
military junta. More than 1000 monks have been arrested and hundreds others
detained and imprisoned. People all over the world have been up in protest
against the present military regime.Our deepest solidarity and sincere
support goes to the Burmese people at this important juncture.

October 6th (Saturday) is the Internatiuonal Day for A Free Burma- the
Global day of Action.
There will be mass rallies and processions in all major cities of the world
where people will be showing their support and solidarity to the Burmese
people telling them that they are not alone in their struggle for freedom,
that the world is with them! Also there will be programmes to put pressure
on their respective governments to help solve the present crisis. As a part
of this global campaign, we the STUDENTS FOR FREEDOM are organising a peace
protest and gathering on the said date on M G Road ( Mahatma Gandhi statue)
at 3pm. There will be a signature campaign and a memorandum ehich will be
forwarded to the Prime Minister of India.

We ,therefore, kindly request your/ your organisation's/ your institution's
participation and support in this cause for freedom.

"we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our
friends"

"we cannot be indifferent to what happens in the world, for a victory by any
country is our victory just as any country's defeat is a defeat for all of
us"

"how can we sit back at home,idle, unmoved and untouched while our brothers
are risking their lives for the cause of freedom,something which we've taken
for granted..."

for more details:
write to studentsforfreedom at gmail.com
or call 9845011510, 9886345819,9448484797

Thanking you,

for a free Burma,

STUDENTS FOR FREEDOM

*golan naulak*