[Reader-list] [Announcements] Exhibition: 'RAMKINKAR IN FOCUS' at JNU

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Thu Oct 25 11:09:21 IST 2007

Fwd:
Exhibition: 'RAMKINKAR IN FOCUS: THROUGH THE EYES OF DEVI PRASAD'

--

The School of Arts and Aesthetics has curated an exhibition 'RAMKINKAR
IN FOCUS: THROUGH THE EYES OF DEVI PRASAD' which has opened to the

The exhibition has received an overwhelming public and critical
response. It is open for viewing daily, from 10 AM- 7PM, except Sundays
night viewings till 10 PM on Friday nights.

The exhibition showcases the critically acclaimed photographs by Devi
Prasad and of course, India's greatest modernist sculptor Ramkinkar
Baij's bronzes. We also have a rare opportunity to see pages from
Ramkinkar's sketchbooks, his watercolours and oil paintings alongside
rare footage of Ramkinkar from Ritwik Ghatak's unfinished film. The
conference on the 29th will bring several scholars together (please see
the attachment), and people will have a chance to reflect on what they
can make of the artist from the exhibition -  we hope you will be able
to join us that day.

--
Ranjani Mazumdar
Associate Professor of Cinema Studies