[Reader-list] Freedom of Expression my foot!

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 09:51:48 IST 2007

Hi Zainab,
I noticed you did not answer my first question.So I
assume you did not go through my posts and\or you do
not know what I stand for.You just know that I am
talking about restricting freedom of speech and it is
connected with nation in some way.This thought is
probably so traumatic to you that you wrote that
earlier post in deep anguish and you refuse to see the
nuance in my stand;nor do you have a concept of nation
of your own.
I do not have anything new to say;not that I am
unwilling to discuss that or repeat it further.But
what you are asking me is nothing but a straw man.So
yeah,my view is that freedom of expression for
anything that cannot be achieved by a constitutional
process as the constitution is defined today should be
restricted.Or in other words,anything which is against
what is defined as the "essential nature of the
constitution" or is defined as the "essential nature
of the state" should be restricted.
So anything against secularism,democracy etc should be
restricted.Anything which seeks to redefine as our
state exists now AS A LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL ENTITY
should be restricted.
If its still not clear,In this forum and at other
places I have criticized AFSPA repeatedly.AFSPA is not
the essential nature of the state;it can be repealed
by a constitutional process.
What else?Did I miss anything?
Let me know.
Oh yes and if the essential nature of state is not
clear as I mean it,do go through this link..
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070115/edit.htm#4
Regards
Rahul

=== message truncated ===