[Reader-list] Needs and styles of Panditocracy

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:13:17 IST 2007

Sorry Tarun,you are missing rains in Shillong.I have incidentally not been
missing 17 years (all seasons) away from my home,not just rains.
Incidentally 17 years before of this very day,my house was looted and
torched.It wasnt a big mansion.A small house by the river and a courtyard
where I played with my childhood mates Yasin and Shafiq.
Shafiq was shot 3 months later,branded a Mukhbir(informer).I am sure he
wasnt one.Like me he supported an indepedent,secular,plural and modern
Kashmir.
2 years before when I want to his mazar,small white flowers had grown on
it,they resembled the print of his shirt that I had last seen him in.

Sorry,you are missing your rains..go home..i wish I had one...

Regards

Rashneek

On 9/2/07, Tarun Bhartiya <tarunbhartiya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Needs and styles of Panditocracy
>
> For all those amused/fascinated/disgusted or plainly mystified by the
> the
> accumulated commentary of more than two years. As editor of the film, I
> comment in order to take a bit (hopefully quite a bit) of blame about the
> lopsided stance of the film vis-à-vis the Pandits and the Indian Nation,
> and
> as the Shillong based moderator and blogmistri of www.jashneazadifilm.comto
> also share in some of the opprobrium about freedom of expression.
>
> Speak, you also,
> speak as the last,
> have your say.
>
> Speak –
> But keep your yes and no unsplit
> And give your say this meaning:
> give it shade.
>
> Give it shade enough,
> give it as much
> as you know has been dealt out between
> midday and midday and midnight.
>
> Look around:
> look how it all leaps alive –
> where death is ! Alive !
> He speaks truly who speaks the shade.    (Paul Celan)
>
> Even if I assume that the outraged constellation of media savvy
> undergraduate bluster, pop Sufism embarrassed at the Islamic roots of
> Sufism, elegantly written defenses of intolerance, and the conspiratorial
> comedies of the blog world, do not represent the range of politics and
> opinions which the Kashmiri Pandit (KP) world has to offer (how can it?),
> at
> least these maneuverings allow us a privileged peep into the workings of
> Panditocracy, an opinion making machine which grinds into motion (or is it
> always working?) to defend the ramparts of divinely ordained Bharatvarsha.
>
> This defence plan, of which patriotic snitching is the latest weapon used,
> has consisted of protesting shock troopers, willful misreading of the
> film,
> conspiratorial search for a 'puppet master', repeated unsubstantiated
> allegations in the hope that by their very repetition would make them
> true,
> vile and threatening comments on the blog (comments which we have quite
> early on and openly said we would moderate), and non-reviews of the film
> stalking any discussion forum, website, blog which mentions Jashn-e-Azadi
>> As if an event management company has been working to a script.
>
> In this tiring necessity, talking to Sanjay recently, we laughed and said
> that only thing left for the Panditocrats was to accuse us of making
> threats
> – and there it was: a post on the Reader's list hypothesizing about the
> matter. (Maybe they should accuse us now of scripting their responses too.
> )
>

> But this script which Panditocracy churns out, every once in a while
> (sadly
> Jashn-e-Azadi is not its first target) has a history. A history which
> [...]

Rashneek Kher
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com