[Reader-list] Invitation: "Kashmir Chapter" at IGNCA

Aditya Raj Kaul adityarajkaul at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 23:49:38 IST 2007

It is a matter of pleasure to know that *Indira Gandhi National Centre for
the Arts (IGNCA)* has started a "Kashmir Chapter". It will work for the
upliftment of Cultural Heritage in Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh. We are thankful
to Dr. Kapila Vatsayan and Dr. K.K. Chakravorty for initiating this idea. We
are also thankful to Dr. G.L. Badam, Dr. Advaitavadni Kaul, Mr. Virendar
Bangroo and Dr. B.L. Malla for giving it the practical shape. They have
already organized some meetings and programmes under this chapter.

On 7th September, 2007, *"Kashmir Chapter" *of IGNCA is going to organize a
programme in memory of great filmmaker *Pandit* *Arun Kaul* who was very
keen to see Kashmir Chapter in IGNCA flourish. After paying homage to the
great luminary; a film produced and directed by Pandit Arun Kaul is also
going to be screened. Further, scholars of Kashmir will have a meeting to
plan out and deliberate on the future strategy for this chapter.

* Venue*: Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), 5 Rajendra
Prasad Road (entry from Man Singh Road), New Delhi

*   Date*: 7th September, 2007

*   Time*: 4:00pm

You are all cordially invited to participate in the programme.

* *

*P.S. – I'm sending this message on behalf of Dr. G.L. Badam, IGNCA.*

* *

*Thanks*

* *
*--