[Reader-list] Reply To Shuddha ( Yasin Sahibs Fan )

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Tue Sep 4 02:51:57 IST 2007

Dear Pawan,

At least do me the courtesy of reading my mail.

I had written - and I repeat, ad nauseam, because you guys do not read
through a mail.

"Yasin Malik has had more several spells in prison, the first began when
he was detained for one year under the Public Safety Act in 1987, he was
later detained for seven years, including a long spell in Jodhpur
Central Jail. Again, if *he, or any other person* is found guilty in a
free  and fair trial of the homicide of non combatants then they should
serve prison sentences for that offence."

Let me now qualify this further, if anyone, whether it is Yasin Malik or
Santa Claus, or you, or me, or my father,  that is what the "he or any
other person" in the above paragraph means - is found guilty of homicide
in a free and fair trial, they should be punished for it, with a prison
term if need be, as per the provisions of a criminal procedure code.

But before we condemn anyone to prison, they have to have the advantage
of a properly conducted fair trial. That is a simple civilized norm.

Now, please understand, I do not have any need for any leaders or
heroes, neither Yasin Malik, nor Subhash Chandra Bose, nor Bankim Chandra.

thanks, is that enough, can we go to bed now.

Shuddha