[Reader-list] Indo-centrism On Sarai

Swadhin Sen swadhin_sen at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 15:19:26 IST 2007

Dear all

The ubiquitous silence of  the  sarai subscribers  about Naeem's mail is noteworthy.

'Freedom of speech' is always entwined with the power relations. We may send mails after mails to sarai. Yet, it doesn't mean that we will be heard. In liberal version, the act of writing and act of speaking assumes the action of other parties in taken for granted terms. The weak and marginalized may be permitted to speak and write; but this agency doesn't inhere the act of listening and consequent corrective measures.

How will 'we', the non-Indians, interpret this action (in term of refraining from acting and/or participating in the debate)?

Thanking all,

Swadhin

Swadhin Sen
Archaeologist