[Reader-list] On JKLF and Indian Airforce Personnel

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:29:10 IST 2007

Hi Pawan,

Interesting.

You say that the 'people of Kashmir welcome him with...'

Are you not counting yourself as a 'person of Kashmir'? And if you are, why
do you have any 'individual pain'

More importantly, what does this have to do with Junaid's post which talks
about the construction of the armed struggle?

Rgds, Partha

On 9/14/07, Pawan Durani <pawan.durani at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I can understand when a killer [ Bitta karate ] of 40 kashmiri pandits
> come out of jail, people in Kashmir welcome him with garlands and
> distribute
> sweet.
>
> Where does that imply bearing the individual pain collectively go ?
>
> All in the name of Supreme.
>
> Pawan
>

> On 14 Sep 2007 08:15:33 -0000, junaid <justjunaid at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The Indian state has entered the bodies of Pawan Duranis and Aditya
> Kauls
> > imperceptibly. When Mr. Durani or Mr. Kaul speaks, it is the voice of
> state,
> > as the sole provider of values, which comes out. The State says "My
> violence
> > is my right, and my right alone, but anyone who challenges this right,
> that
> > is my sovereignty, she/he/they should be deemed criminal, fit only to be
> > eliminated through the laws that I make."
> >
> > So Mr. Durani, who has unconsciously become the spokesman of the state,
> > and regurgitates its litanies, would be confounded if someone punctures
> his
> > seemingly coherent discourse by refusing to accept the legitimacy of the
> > state. He will label anti-national and unpatriotic people who don't
> accept
> > the state's "natural" logic.
> >
> > When Kashmiris started an armed struggle against Indian state, its main
> > actors, the militants were not separate from, what are mistakenly
> called,
> > civilians. No one is innocent in Kashmir, militants, "civilians", Indian
> > troops or officials, Pandits. They have positions on political issues.
> >
> > When a Kashmiri is killed by Indian troops, instead of seeking justice
> > from Indian state, people come together to forge a solidarity, they bear
> > individual pain collectively. Take the example of Pathribal killings
> when
> > the police fired on Kashmiris protesting fake killings of five
> Kashmiris,
> > and seven more died. Why would Kashmiris allow such a thing to happen to
> > themselves?
> >
> > The responsibility for the acts of militants, or armed Kashmiris, was
> > shared equally by the Kashmiri society. It was quite evident in the way
> > Kashmiris liberally funded the movement (many people gave away part of
> their
> > salaries, month after month, and from the returns from their trade),
> > participated in popular protests on the call from militants, gave
> shelter
> > and food to militants, protested in thousands in funerals for militants,
> and
> > suffered individual and collective brutalities at the hands of Indian
> army.
> > Militants were seen as the soldiers of the Kashmiri nation, their
> freedom
> > fighters, not brigands or criminals.

> [...]

Partha Dasgupta (9811047132)
http://www.jaxtr.com/parthaekka