[Reader-list] ****************************************Shiva-Sakti in INDIA*************************************

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:09:16 IST 2007

Dear Dhatri,

1.   As someone who's done his schooling in India, I know the National
Anthem
     and I don't need a link to memorise it.

2.  What 'argument' on India. If you must make a reference, at least leave a
link
    to the post here.

3.  Your list of copied and pasted did have some information I didn't know,
but
     I don't want to mug it up in any case, and can find it on the net when
I need,
     as can any other member of this post since they have to have access to
the
     net to access the post.

4.  What was the purpose of this post? Promoting Indian Tourism?
     Wrong post & wrong audience.

Rgds, Parha

On 9/14/07, we wi <dhatr1i at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Readers,
>
>   Finally by looking at the link just memorize the National Anthem.
>
>   http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/EpicIndia.jpg
>

>   "Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jayehe
> Bharata bhagya vidhata;
> Punjaba Sindhu Gujarata Maratha,
> Dravida Utkala Banga,
> Vindhya, Himachala, Jamuna, Ganga,
> Ucchhala Jaladhitaranga;
> Taba Shubha Naame Jaage
> Taba Shubha Ashish Maage
> Gaye taba jaya gaatha.
> Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jayahe
> Bharata bhagya vidhata;
> Jaya he Jaye he
> Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya he"
>
>             Not only that but to support my argument on INDIA I use the
> following 2
>   1)---
>     सौराष्ट्रे सोमनाथं च श्रीशैले मल्लिकार्जुनम् ।
>   उज्जयिन्यां महाकालमोकांरममलेश्वरम् ।
>   परल्यां वैद्यनाथं च डाकिन्यां भीमशंकरम् ।
>   सेतुबंधे तु रामेशं नागेशं दारूकावने ।
>   वाराणस्यां तु विश्वेशं त्रयंम्बकं गौतमीतटे ।
>   हिमालये तु केदारं घुश्मेशं च शिवालये ।
>   ऐतानि ज्योतिर्लिंगानि सायं प्रातः पठेन्नरः ।
>   सप्तजन्मकृतं पापं स्मरणेन विनश्यति । - Dwadasa Jyotirlinga Stotra by Adi
> Shankaracharya
>   (The twelve Jyotirlingas are-
>
>    Somnath at Prabhas Patan, Saurashtra, Gujarat.
>    Sri Mallikarjun in Srisailam, near Kurnool,Andhra Pradesh, on the banks
> of river Krishna.Adi Sankaracharya composed his Sivanandalahiri here.
>    Mahakaleshwar in Ujjain(Avanti) ,Madhya Pradesh.
>    Omkareshwar in Omkareshwar, Madhya Pradesh, this jyotirlinga is
> situated on an island in the course of the river Narmada.
>    Vaidyanath temple at Deogarh,Santal Parganas area of Bihar.
>    Bhimashankar in Dakini and located in the Sahyadri hills,near Pune,
> Maharashtra.
>    Ramalingeswarar in Setubandanam , Tamilnadu.This is situated on vast
> temple island of Rameswaram.It is the southernmost of the 12 Jyotirlinga
> shrines of India.
>    Nageshwar in Darukavanam, near Dwarka in Gujarat.But many strongly
> consider Nagesh as stated above.
>    Vishwanath in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
>    Tryambakeswar Jyotirlinga shrine is intimately linked with the origin
> of the river Godavari near Nasik, Maharashtra.
>
>    Kedareswar in Kedarnath in Himalayas,Uttarakhand.
>    Ghrishneshwar in Devasrovar,near Ellora,Aurangabad, Maharashtra.)
>
>   2) ---------
>   The Shakti Peethas (places of strength) are places of worship
> consecrated to the goddess 'Shakti', the female principal of Hinduism and
> the main deity of the Shakta sect. They are sprinkled throughout the Indian
> subcontinent [1].
>   This goddess is often associated both with Gowrī/Parvati, the goddess of
> marital felicity and longevity, and with Durga, goddess of strength and
> valour.
>

>    //
>   [edit] Legend  According to legend, at some time in the Satya Yuga,
> [...]

Partha Dasgupta (9811047132)
http://www.jaxtr.com/parthaekka