[Reader-list] Quieting the Monkey Mind

we wi dhatr1i at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 17:24:30 IST 2007

Dear Partha,

  As SARAI is not your office, my doubts/concerns about your understanding,logic is nothing to do with SARAI.   SARAI can understand easily that,  spoonfeeding is not required for you as you are a father to 3 children and also IT enabled person.

  Regards,
  Dhatri.

Partha Dasgupta <parthaekka at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Dhatri,

a)   You are welcome to your pen name, which is more powerful than a gun, but
      wouldn't it make more sense to use the name your family gave you?

b)   Whichever previous questions you wrote to me, do copy paste them here, and
      i'll answer them.

c)   I don't quite understand what you are trying to say about the upper caste. As I
      asked in my earlier post, are you posting in favour of or against the caste system?

d)   Sure, i'll pray. However, not at any church or temple or... As a matter of belief,
      am against organised religion and do not believe that some other person has
      the right to come between God and me, and tell me what I should believe.

Awaiting your mail with whatever queries you feel Tapas Ray helped me avoid responding to.

Rgds, Partha
PS: Forgot to mention, since this post is also going from my email software and not he webmail, it doesn't have my signature

  On 9/17/07, we wi <dhatr1i at yahoo.com> wrote:    Dear Partha,

                    List will answer you! Mean time What exactly you wish me to do? Whatever I write here is some action plans/some future plans if acceptable and feasible.  Some are cheeky and some serious.

   Dhatri is a pen name.  A pen is always powerful than any gun.   As I stated I could not talk about your family matters and so as SARAI. If you planned so nicely and fielded them to me, either case you need to write a proper reply to my earlier post. But you failed to do so. Simply escaped to answer that mail at all and write a post to "TAPAS RAY".

        As some body claimed "Upper castes did wrong", then
  1)you people decide and let the upper caste know. What is dharma and  what is Adharma? So that Upper caste follow totally. and

  2)Upper caste only enjoy whatever as per your claim?  But why so many Upper caste people are unable to live normal life in India,as you were operating imac at 90s and living either in own or ancestral home with or without parents?

  3)If Upper castes only enjoying then Everything should be clean in India,like your "White" shirt,"White" BMW/Honda city/Benz car,"White" bungalow,"White" marbled nice partitioned Office, or even like your "White" colored job and money as it was pre freedom and up-to some level post Independence.  Is it like that now? Why

         Let me bring a point to your notice,  With my comments at least you did some groundwork/homework before writing to SARAI.  This is my achievement obviously you must accept it to self if not to SARAI for which everybody is a member.

  So many question to you with a nice good predicate logic, I hope this time you will answer them all without confusion and show a path to me and to the problems that India has been facing, and to SARAI as well? Then SARAI will be closed/shutdown as all problem are resolved because of your directions.
  Before answer this I suggest you to do a 5 min prayer either at temple or at church.

  Don't ask me Protestant Church/Catholic Church? Don't say I don't do because i am not concerned or worried ? You are not concerned/worried about yourself / child because you worry by visualizing the future( Insecurity). Hence I tell you to  sit at your home/office just do a prayer that's enough.

  You do excuse me, in anyway I hurt you.

  Regards,
  Dhatri.

Partha Dasgupta <parthaekka at gmail.com > wrote:

    Hi Dhatri,

Just so that I'm clear in my mind, some questions

1.  Does your post signify that we should change the caste based hierarchy
     or that we should not?

2.   I certainly agree that crying over 'spilt milk' won't help. However, if you have
      an old wound that is troubling you, ignoring it is counter productive. At the
      end of the day, everything boils down to the issue that if it is a healing scab,
      then let it be - however, if it is a fracture or something more serious, then it
      needs medical attention.

3.   Besides monkeys, jihad and changing street names, what was the point of this post.

Rgds, Partha

  On 9/16/07, we wi < dhatr1i at yahoo.com> wrote:   "The monkey mind jumps from thought to thought like a monkey jumps from tree to tree. Rather than existing in the present moment, the monkey mind focuses on one thought after another, and these thoughts distract us from exisiting in the present, which is one of the goals of yoga.   Sitting in meditation is a good way to see the monkey mind in its natural habitat. Just sitting still and clearing the mind is so challenging. You observe one thought popping up, and another, and another. This is inevitable, especially when you are getting started. The trick is to learn to observe the thoughts without engaging in them. An analogy I like is to see the mind as the sky and the thoughts like clouds passing through.   Whether you are meditating or practicing asanas, returning your attention again and again to the breath will always help you detach from the thoughts and return to the present moment. Each inhale and exhale exists only in
 the present. When you are doing asanas, remind
yourself to use Ocean Breathing (Ujjayi) each time you catch yourself thinking. "

   As the monkey handled in better way in the above, so as the perpetrators and their actions.  Atricities in the name of jihad will never be treated as simple childish moves and so as the shouters. Caste based system is there in India, like wise Racism in the rest of the world.  Fighting for them is no way usefull except to turn the things perpetrators favour to make things more worsen.  Start thinking to build unique nation INDIA and participate constructively in its development for the sake of all Indians.  Changing place names,killing people,wiping out sanskrit universities, lamenting monuments wont help in any way.