[Reader-list] purposes of the reader-list

Madhumita Lahiri ml49 at duke.edu
Fri Sep 21 21:22:35 IST 2007

The Reader List partly serves as a platform to create a lively community
that discusses and debates key issues in new & old media practice and theory
and reflects on the experience of the everyday, as well as technology,
culture and politics in city spaces.
The Sarai Reader's concern with the theme of the Public Domain means that
the list is especially open to reflections on what is the nature of a free
public space in our cities, and in our various practices, and what it might
come to mean. The people who often post on the list include social
theorists, activists, filmmakers, telecommunications engineers, artists and
software programmers.

)

Please keep the postings relevant to the description of the list. I find it
difficult to wade through so many messages, many of which seem irrelevant to
the description above -- and the reasons for which I subscribed to the
listserv. I suspect that I'm not the only one.

Thanks, and best,
Madhumita