[Reader-list] ISEA 2008 Singapore

Irina Aristarkhova ixa10 at psu.edu
Sun Sep 23 03:38:07 IST 2007

ISEA on Leonardo Electronic Almanac:
<http://leoalmanac.org/resources/sprojects/ISEA08/>http://leoalmanac.org/resources/sprojects/ISEA08/
ISEA website: <http://isea2008.org/>http://isea2008.org/
Submission Link:
<http://isea2008.org/openconf/openconf.php>http://isea2008.org/openconf/openconf.php

Call for Papers, Panels and Artist Presentations
We cordially invite submissions to the conference of the
International Symposium on Electronic Art 2008 that will be held in
Singapore between 25th & 30th July 2008. The conference is held
alongside workshops, courses, exhibitions, performances and other
in-conjunction events that will be held for the duration of ISEA2008
from 25th July to August 3rd 2008.

Submission requirements:
We only require abstracts (not more than 300 words) of the proposed
paper, panel presentations and artist presentations to be submitted
in either Text, RTF, Word or PDF formats via this site. Please do not
submit full papers at this stage. While we encourage submissions to
include relevant images, it would be useful if the formats in which
such images are submitted is restricted to low resolution jpegs. In
the case of submissions for artists' presentations, artists are
encouraged to provide links to their and/or relevant websites.
Submission link

Call for Papers, Panels and Artist Presentations
We cordially invite submissions to the conference of the
International Symposium on Electronic Art 2008 that will be held in
Singapore between 25th & 30th July 2008. The conference is held
alongside workshops, courses, exhibitions, performances and other
in-conjunction events that will be held for the duration of ISEA2008
from 25th July to August 3rd 2008.

The conference, as in previous ISEAs, is expected to bring together
artists, theorists, historians, curators and researchers of media
arts from around the world to jointly explore the most urgent and
exciting questions in the field. The
<http://leoalmanac.org/resources/sprojects/ISEA08/themes.html>five
themes of ISEA2008 are especially focused on eliciting a wide range
of international scholars and artists.

Conference Programme
The conference programme will include competitively selected,
peer-reviewed individual papers and panel presentations. This year we
are also encouraging artists who wish to share their works with a
broader audience of their peers to submit artist presentations where
they can speak about the specific aesthetic, conceptual and
technological aspects of their works. The conference also promises to
present a list of internationally renowned Keynote Speakers
expounding on the major themes of the conference. There will also be
a special lecture delivered by a Nobel Laureate.

Call for Proposals
We welcome contributions from creative practitioners and researchers
from a variety of disciplines and institutional contexts as media
arts benefits from and exemplifies the interdisciplinary linkages
between contemporary art, science, technology and their related
philosophies, pedagogies and institutional practices. The submissions
must address or be of relevance to at least one of the themes of
ISEA2008 in order to be considered for inclusion in the conference.
The conference will be of interest to those working in but not
limited to the following areas: media art, contemporary art, design,
art history and theory, film and media studies, gaming, toy design,
human-computer interaction, cultural studies, literary studies,
musicology, sound studies, theatre, dance and performance studies,
science, technology and society studies, history of science and
history of technology, philosophy, history, gender studies, political
science, anthropology, sociology and geography.

Submissions deadline: 30th of September 2007 (or contact the
organizers). <http://isea2008.org/openconf/openconf.php>

Submission link