[Reader-list] [Announcements] Documentary films

Santhosh Kumar santhosh.kanipayur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 11:46:40 IST 2008

*Dear friends,*

* *

*SPECIAL PACKAGE OF FILMS FROM Other Media Communications.*

* *

*Greetings from Other Media Communications, Bangalore!*

Other Media Communications is an institution set up to cater to the
communication needs of social movements and civil society groups in India.
We work in print, audio-video and new media areas. We have produced more
than half a dozen documentaries on social issues in India.**

* *

*As part of our endeavour to make socially meaningful films more accessible
to individuals, organisations and educational institutions, we* are *pleased
to present to you a very special package. Not only does the package include
five of our highly acclaimed documentaries from the recent past, but more
importantly, it comes to you at subsidised prices.*

* *

*The package comprises the following documentaries:*

* *

*Hey Ram!! Genocide in the Land of Gandhi*

*Hey Ram!! was the first film to be completed on the Gujarat Genocide,
February 2002 in the aftermath of Godhra and was released even as the
violence was raging in Gujarat.*

* *

*Resilient Rhythms** *

This film documents the various atrocities that are committed on people
simply because of their caste and shows how Dalits are fighting back.

**

*Naga Story: The Other Side of Silence*

*The film provides an introduction to the history of the Naga struggle, and
documents the human rights abuses suffered by the Naga people in more than
50 years of existence as part of Independent India. *

* *

*Naka Naka Dupont, Naka (No to Dupont) ***

*This film is the story of the Goan peoples' triumph over the multinational
company 'Dupont' and a sterling model for similar struggles.*

* *

*BHOPAL – The Survivor's Story*

*'Bhopal – The Survivors Story' explores the grim reality of lakhs of
survivors and their children, caught between Dow-Carbide's denial of
liability and the Government's reluctance to pursue Dow-Carbide, as they
continue to face the unfolding hardships of the nearness of death and living
poisoned everyday. *

* *

*For more details visit, www.othermediacommunications.com*

* *

*The documentaries are available in both VCD and DVD formats, and you also
get copy of 'Burma: A Multi Media Presentation' (VCD) in the package. The
DVD package is priced Rs.3500/- and Rs.2000/- and VCD package Rs.2000/- and
Rs.1000/- respectively for Institutions and Individuals within India. Prices
are different outside the country.*

* *

*Please place your order either by a letter to the address below or by
e-mail to santhosh at othermediacommunications.com. We will require three weeks
for the delivery of these films, after your confirmation of order and
payment.  *

* *

*Seeking your co-operation in reaching out to a wider audience.*

* *

*With warm regards,*

* *

* *