[Reader-list] Essay and painting contest

Paramjeet Bernad paramjeetbernad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:39:10 IST 2008

Kindly please forward this mail to across the contry to various schools and
colleges in India
Thanks
Paramjeet Bernad

Dear all,

Greetings from Control Arms Foundation of India,

We have got a positive response from the educational institutions across the
country, along with the request to extend the entries closing date because
of examination period

We also felt that many interested students may not participate as it
coincides with the examination. Keeping all these things in mind, we have
postponed the last day of entries.

The revised date for receiving Essay and Painting entries from the schools
and college students is 30 April 2008.

By reviewing this, we look for greater participation from the student's
community and hope you shall encourage more students of your institution to
participate in the contest.

The Control Arms Foundation of India (CAFI) is pleased to announce an essay
and painting contest on the topic *"What armed gun violence has done to my
country?"* The painting contest is open to School students only. Students
can write the essay on both Hindi and English.

* *

*TOPIC :-  What Armed Gun Violence has done to my Country?*

*(Banduki Hinsa Ne Hamare Desh Ke liye kya kiya?)*

* *

Thousands of people are killed, injured, raped, and forced to flee from
their homes as a result of the unregulated global armed gun violence. One
conflict cost nearly the average of the annual development aid worldwide.
Especially developing countries are most affected, phenomena fuelled by
illegal arms trade and domestic production and rampant proliferation.
Indiais home to various conflicts, which are fought with arms and its
consequences are far reaching, leading to poverty, degradation of the
environment and underdevelopment**

* *

*The year deadline for entries is *30th April, 2008 and  should be mailed to
*Essay Contest Coordinator*, Control Arms Foundation of India( CAFI),
B5/146,1st Floor, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110029.Participants can also
E mail this to paramjeetbernad at gmail.com.

This essay competition is a way to create a greater interest and an army of
peace loving youth to come forward and propagate harmony among the global
masses through their innovative thoughts and creations. The submissions are
requested be the student's original and unpublished work.

Please find more details on the essay and painting contest on
www.cafi-online.org

* *

*Announces National level Essay and Painting Contest*

Inviting entries from the schools/universities students*, for
essay*(Hindi/English),
*and painting contest*

Topic: *What Armed Gun Violence** Has Done To My Country?*

Minimum word limit for school students: 800 to 1000 words

Universities and colleges -2000 to 2500 words,

Painting contest – for school students *only.*

*Send your entries by post or e-mail *

*With your complete address, contact details & Identity proof, before **30
April 2008**, *

Attested by your school/universities.,

B-5/146,(First floor), Safdarjung Enclave,

New Delhi-29. Ph. 011- 46018541, 011-26166234

Email - paramjeetbernad at gmail.com , gremind at gmail.com

For more details guidelines on the essay contest please log on to –
www.cafi-online.org

**

*Also like to request you to confirm the entries for the contest if possible
from your institution and feel free to write or call me directly if you have
any query for the contest. With best wishes, looking forward for your
response.*

* *

Thanking you,

Regards,