[Reader-list] The Hindu on Tibet

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:46:29 IST 2008

Dear Wali sahib
your reflection on The Hindu piece is  not out of place...we all are a
little aware about the nature of poltics and the compulsions
intellectuals....and i guess none amongst us is free from that
limitation....

In fact, i wast thinking to write a piece on Tiger and Tibet... with
an aim to enter the nature of similarities between North East,
Palestine, Kashmir, Chechenya etc.

I almost abandoned the idea of writing on the subject,  with a strange
sadness,  because the devastation to enivironment by all of us ( both,
the nations that supress and aspiring nations)

just click Tibet and Tiger on the google, and see how Tiger skin is on
sale in Tibet, and for chinese it is not an issue...

I doubt, if freedom fighters of these aspiring ( future ) natiions
even think about the need to protect Tigers.

I guess, the future agenda of freedom fighters need to think about the
environemt and also bring it strongly in the actions as part of their
agenda...

then the nature of politics too might change, violence in the present
form too will change..
infact, the ongoing nature of war between state and those who are
against state suits the State more than thiose who aspire for a
seperate nation.

I feel the nation state want the contiunation of terrorims in this
form because it gives them excuse to stifle the  genuine voices.

i just want to see a change... the struggle has to be creative, deeply
about the survival of human being on this earth, not just simple
politics...

i hope some reflection to this burninng issue.

with love
inder salim

http://indersalim.livejournal.com