[Reader-list] Divided as ever, quota lobbies mouth familiar lines

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Wed Apr 16 17:25:12 IST 2008

Hi, after some thoughts over your expressions here are few of my thoughts for you to ponder:

  When free India ensured in its constitution, and the very constitution assured that this reservation and quota is for a temporary period of only 10 years, it is really absurd to have these quotas and reservations which started only for scheduled tribes and scheduled castes with the sole aim of giving them an opportunity to be equal among the citizens. But later, the OTHER Backward CASTES, this wording is really discriminatory, is a list compiled by those in power to favour their castes and the cake which was shrinking was to be cornered at any cost.
 Reservation and quota is required for funds of the national exchequer to extend basic education at every village level, improve the quality of education, to impart life skills to each child from village to every level of dwelling, but in reality it is the private schools who are selling education and it is business now.
  What is the point in reservation and quotas at higher education when 80 % of the oppressed irrespective of castes and faiths do not get even basic education, life skills. ?
  It is imperative of the system of governance to facilitate each child of the nation, irrespective of the caste, faith, region to impart good education, atleast basic skills in life to enable him/her of the opprtunities in life., to earn in life with dignity. This discrimination of favouring a few castes at the cost of others is neither democratic, not social justice.