[Reader-list] Fwd: Turtles, Tatas and Reva

Aman Sethi aman.am at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:55:25 IST 2008

Hmm,
And on further persual - it seems that the govt of india does offer a
REva subsidy - that website says :

The Government of India in its effort to encourage and popularize new
and environment friendly technologies towards reducing vehicular
pollution and thus consequently improving quality of urban air, has
announced a Central Subsidy of upto Rs. 75,000 for each REVA Electric
Car.

The beneficiaries of this subsidy are Public Institutions included
Government organisation and departments, Public Sector Undertakings,
Educational institutions, Hospitals, Tourism and Archaeological sites.

Based on the specific requirements of the public institutions as per
the direction of the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources
(MNES), REVA has introduced a modified range of models named the "REVA
Eco" which is eligible for the subsidy.

Some of our esteemed customers who have availed this benefit include :
ISRO, APEDA, ITPO, KSRTC, BMTC, KSDL, NSTL Vizag, Maharishi
Educational Society, Nerlikar Hospital. etc.

Best
a.