[Reader-list] Socio-Legal Scholarship on University Campuses | Monday, May 12, 2008 | NLSIU, Bangalore

Pranesh Prakash pranesh.prakash at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 22:31:47 IST 2008

Dear All,
I'm appending below an invitation to a workshop being conducted in NLSIU,
Bangalore (in Nagarbhavi) on "Encouraging Socio-Legal Scholarship on
University Campuses". Please go through the attached concept note and reply
to lawandsociety at nls.ac.in if you wish to attend. If you have any queries or
clarifications, please do feel free to mail us at that address, or call any
of the numbers listed below (after 13:30 hrs, please).

Cheers,
Pranesh

Dear Sir/Madam,
The Law and Society Committee, National Law School of India University
(NLSIU) is organizing a workshop on the 12th of May at the NLSIU campus, on
*'Encouraging Socio-Legal Scholarship on University Campuses'*. Please find
attached the concept note for the workshop which outlines the basic ideas
and themes that will be the subject of discussion. We would like to extend
an invitation to members of the faculty and interested students in your
institution to attend the same. Our aim is to engage law and social science
institutions in a dialogue involving the challenges to socio-legal
scholarship, and to discuss the possibilities of creating a network of young
scholars, academicians and activists. This network will provide a common
platform for conversations on socio-legal issues. A discussion of this
nature will be incomplete without the perspectives that an institution such
as yours can provide. We therefore look forward to your participation in
this event. For any additional details, please contact any of the members of
the Committee.

Sincerely,
Kalyani Ramnath
Convenor, Law and Society Committee