[Reader-list] Rethinking Islam

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 23:58:54 IST 2008

Shuddha's crime that his name sounds Hindu, but Garcia Lorca was
homosexual and yet incorporated Islamic terminology in his poems.
Borges too used efficiently the litrary phrases in his famous style of
writing. I dont know how many more in Latin American literature are
benefited by the use of Islamic sounds. Even in Paris there was groups
led by Paul Gaugin called Nabis and thier first painting was indeed
titled ' Talisman' and who led a strange mystic life...

  It is only in India that this kind of wrting is seen a Muslim
specific only, and in Paskistan anything Hindi would be seen as Hidnu
specific only...

Besides that Shuddha Laments
 ............. which exhausted and scattered the Islamicate
intelligentsia, led to the'closure of the gates of 'Itjehad'
(interpretation) and the rise of dogma and clerics, which Islam (which
never had a centralized clergy

The main thrust of the scholarly piece is that Islam is urgently in
need to restore its true glory by reincoporating its  mystical,
logical and intellecual past.

In fact all the religions are are pain the ass if they dont behave the
way it should be...

http://indersalim.livejournal.com