[Reader-list] [Announcements] LINE- The First City Theatre Foundation

Mitoo Das mitoo at sarai.net
Mon Apr 28 14:41:29 IST 2008

THE FIRST CITY THEATRE FOUNDATION

presents

      *LINE*

Based on the play by Israel Horovitz

Directed by Neel Chaudhuri & Mallika Taneja

May 3 and 4, Stein Auditorium | 7 PM | India Habitat Centre

Tickets priced at Rs. 300, 200, 100 and 50

*About the Play*

One by one a group of unacquainted people come together to form a line for
some unnamed, upcoming event. Gradually, the struggle for first place
begins, and as they lie, cheat, wrestle and push to gain the lead spot an
extraordinary panorama of human frailty is made explosively and hilariously
real. As, in the end, are the deviousness, the competitiveness, and the
pettiness of the small, wasting battles with which we litter our lives.

Israel Horovitz's */Line/* is the longest running play in off-Broadway
history.