[Reader-list] reader-list Digest, Vol 61, Issue 14

Logos Theatre logos.theword at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:30:23 IST 2008

Dear Vishnu,

Isn't an 'independent' entity supported by corporate money (especially a
rogue outfit like the Tatas) a bit of an oxymoron?

Ah well, one more step in the corporate (mis) appropriation and
institutioanlization of art.

Then again, I don't expect you to respond to this - obviously you've first
had to firmly plant your head in the sand of apathy in order to get your
monthly dole from Mr. Tata's minions.

I wonder if there are going to be 'artistic' endeavours extolling the great,
new people's car, made possible by the TIA?

Lastly, a plea to all those on this list who still are artists, in the real
sense - if the Tatas and their puppets like the IFA represent 'art' in this
country, let's form an India Foundation for the non-Arts, shall we? Our
theatre, after all, has stayed in the holiness and filth of streets, the
breath of the great unwashed - let's relcaim 'theatre' from the venal
casuistry of these foundations and take it back where it belongs!

Meanwhile, the pyre of Tapashi Malik still burns.

Warm regards,
Arka