[Reader-list] Gun Salutes for August 15

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 23:03:21 IST 2008

Dear Inder,

You seem to be as confused as your name here. Writing half-truths and acting
blind to facts won't solve any situation.

I wonder what you meant about Trishuls. You proved you don't have a
"Thokurkuth" (small temple found in each Kashmiri Pandit household) at home.
Anyways, that is your personal choice.

You again are mistajen when you say there were no Kashmiris in the Shrine
Board. There were atleast two and both women from Kashmir. I suggest you
read a bit more about Amarnath history and also the recent fuss being
created on a normal land transfer.

Mind you. That land was not donated; it was and remains a right of the
pilgrims and also the Kashmiri Hindus and Dogras equally. It is no ancestrol
property of Omar Abdullah; as he shamelessly claimed in the Indian
Parliament or for that matter any particular community.

Number of casualties have been higher in Kashmir. Agreed. But, who should be
blamed for it ? The so called Kashmiri leaders (Sepratists and PDP, NC). For
they were the ones to instigate communal passion in the youth against Hindus
and entire India. You can't just walk to the LoC and cross it. Its amusing
the way you write Inder.

Kashmir has always been a part of India and will remain an integral part of
India always. Now, if a few people are not happy about it and don't want to
remain in India; they can well apply and live outside. They are welcome to
move out. Then, be it Muzafarabad or Zaharbad.

Its so touching to see Muslims, Gujjars and Sikhs come along with all Hindus
of Jammu in this movement for Amarnath Land. And, I know; its very
uncomfortable for some vested interests in Kashmir and New Delhi to dijest
this fact. A few in this post chain would understand what I mean.

The reality is Jammu has been discriminated upon for almost 60 years now. Be
it in Government, administration, KAS, etc etc. And, all that anger comes
out now along with this movement...

Today even I think of Sanjay Kak's "Jashn-e-Azadi". It for sure for was a
successful failure on part of the director. How true did he depict the
communal leaders of the valley. Never did he realise; it no less then 2
years the people of his movie would again act the same in reality.

And, for long lasting peace in Kashmir; separatists need to be handled tough
with. There is a lot of freedom given to them and they have started to
misuse it.

Hope you sometimes even think as a Kashmiri Pandit who faced the brunt of a
forced exodus at the hands of Islamic Terrorists.

Aditya Raj Kaul