[Reader-list] Request from Samdhong Rinponche

Amitabh Kumar amitabh at sarai.net
Sat Aug 16 23:57:36 IST 2008

*A Personal Request*

Dear all,

You might have seen the Appeal issued by the Tibetan Solidarity Committee to
request all the Tibetans, Tibet Support Groups and peace loving people of
the world to observe 12-hour symbolic fasting and prayer on 30th August
2008, for world peace and, particularly, for the departed souls of the
Tibetan people in recent months in Tibet. And re-commit ourselves to the
path of non-violence. The objectives and how to observe the fasting are
mentioned in detail in that Appeal. If you have not received the Appeal as
yet, please visit our official website 'www.tibet.net' and
'www.stoptibetcrisis.org'.

We consider this as extremely important non-violent action by Tibetans under
the leadership of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in a very critical period
inside Tibet, particularly the post Olympic period.  I personally request
you/your organization to kindly participate in this fasting and prayer and
encourage many other people to join us in this effort to reduce our own
defilements and to create wisdom and compassion in the minds of the
oppressor. I believe you will cooperate us in this non-violent action.

With my warm personal greetings,

Yours sincerely,

Samdhong Rinpoche

KALON TRIPA