[Reader-list] `Kashmiri Pandits need homeland`

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 23:40:48 IST 2008

  `Kashmiri Pandits need homeland`   Jammu, Aug 24: An organisation
representing Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday demanded "homeland" for five lakh
displaced members of the community in Jammu and Kashmir.

"No settlement to Kashmir issue is possible without the involvement of five
lakh displaced Kashmiri Pandits. We want a homeland for our people," Chiefs
of two factions of Panun Kashmir, Dr Agnishakhar and Dr Ajay Charangoo told
reporters here.

Rejecting separatists' demand for right to self determination and freedom,
they said Kashmiri Pandits cannot be rehabilitated in Kashmir, "which has
been highly polarised on communal lines".

The organisation also extended full support to the Amarnath land agitation.

Meanwhile, Jammu state Morcha today asked the Centre to trifurcate Jammu and
Kashmir into three states as it is "the viable alternative left to resolve
the issue."

Bureau Report