[Reader-list] Husain Exhibition Attacked in Delhi

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:48:53 IST 2008

Maybe it comes as a surprise to you, but I find nothing offensive in nudity.
My mother is 75 years old and I find her beautiful. If a sensitive artist,
appreciative of the beauty of an ageing body with all that is considered to
be flawed by a culture that glorifies youth and pornography were to paint
her and she were to acquiesce, I would have no problem at all.

BTW, a decade ago I had worked on a photography project with the artist
Sheba Chhachhi where we had explored these very questions in what I
considered to be stunningly beautiful black & white prints.